Strange me: AWEsome/ful
Inspired by DP
1. My name, etymologically, comes from the Sanskrit word ‘NIRNIMESH‘ which refers to a mesmerized state when you are baffled – and retain your stare – at something without blinking your eyes. (So am I a state?)
2. I am a ‘typical’ Piscean.
3. I have read The Alchemist for more than ten times. (Revision: I don’t think Alchemist did any good to me.)
4. I believe I am the greatest escapist roaming earth. (I run away form everything.)
5. I enrolled to ‘violin’ classes twice. (Now searching for the third guru; they all dropped me off)
6. I prefer black to white. Perhaps because, the former absorbs all and the latter reflects everything back.
7. I am a compulsive lover. (I say ‘I love you’ to myself every-night before retiring to bed.)
8. I am hopelessly optimistic.
9. I believe that love can tame the wildest. (I am not wild at all.)
10. I smoke only ‘Wills Navy Cut’.
11. I first started using computers when I went to the engineering college.
12. I think I am good at words.
13. I am pretty optimistic that someday I will write a best-seller.
14. I first fell in love when I was in class nine. And I was suspended for a week for writing a letter to her. (After then, I kept failing.)
15. I bought my first Denim in class 11.
16. I love driving fast on my YAMAHA RX-135.
17. I enjoy sleeping till noon.
18. Comic-books were my favorites. (I was caught by my father while reading Super Commando Dhruva hidden among the Feynman’s Lectures in class 12.)
19. I hate shaving. (That’s why I have a goatee. It saves time.)
20. I do care!
21. I don’t wear a wrist-watch.
22. I believe that life is beautiful. (Though girls are more!)
23. I don’t believe in God. I believe in myself.
24. I am fluent in five languages – Hindi, English, Bahojpuri, and Maithali. (Fifth one is of eyes.)
25. I hate traveling.
26. Mom’s love is special.
27. I have a lot of friends. (They keep me from myself.)
28. I value honesty.
29. I often lie.
30. I hate formal clothing. (That’s why I hate Mondays.)
31. I prefer sleeping to sex.
32. My mom says: I am the best. (Every mom says!)
33. I believe that I play excellent violin. (And I boast much.)
34. One thing that I don’t like about myself is that I am too abstract and relentlessly verbose.
35. I fear losing in love.
36. I get angry over people who pay unnecessary attention over petty minute details. (Get significance. man!)
37. Before I board a train, I check out all the female passengers near my seat. (I do my home-work on time.)
38. I believe in miracles. (I was bestowed with some of the most fabulous things of life per chance.)
39. Recently, I watched the animated movie ‘Hanuman’ and I loved it.
40. My adolescent dream was to become a computer hacker. (Now it is of becoming a writer.)
41. I went to the college library only to read the latest editions of ‘Femina’ and ‘Men’s World’.
42. ‘Troy’ tops in my list of favorites, especially because of the scene where Achilles says: ‘We men are rigid things!’ (Ah! I love macho things.)
43. I am a heeding listener, but sometimes I go on poking people about their verbal abilities.
44. I love to teach. (Besides being the creator myself, I feel like giving meaning to something.)
45. I loved mathematics before engineering, after then I had none of it. (Except calculators!)
46. I love Urdu poetry.
47. I have her photograph, framed in a golden stand frame, on my study table. (They are the most beautiful eyes. Oceanic eyes with a Bindi in the mid-shore!)
48. I hate computer games.
49. I don’t like Harry Potter movies.
50. Kulsum mam says that I am a dreamer. (So was our President! Bright future ahead…eh?)
51. I am still confused which one is better – women or wine? (Revision: Women indeed)
52. I love to spend my evenings alone at Café Coffee Day. (Watching beauties of Indore!)
53. Good movies and good books are the best friends. They never ask anything in return.
54. …And I never lend my books nor do I borrow them. (I don’t trade in friendship.)
55. I am messy.
56. I am muddled in my finances. My father, even though he is a bank employee, is ditto to me. (It’s in my genes.)
57. I am still not a virgin. I am married.
58. My favorite magazines are Reader’s Digest and Front-Line.
59. I fell in love with Catherine Zeta Zones after ‘The Mask of
Zorro’. Then she married.
60. I make superb parodies. (Ask my hostel inmates, they would depict the torture more vividly.)
61. I secured grade ‘C’ in C.
62. I can talk for hours, without actually saying anything.
63. I will convince you about anything. Give me a chance! (Believe me or stick to me.)
64. I am never on time. (My frame of reference is slightly deferred.)
65. I hate Newton. I missed my chance to invent mechanics.
66. I have an excellent memory – though not photographic. (I could remember the full names of my South-India friends.)
67. I have a 7 factor.
68. Words attract me more than coquettes themselves.
69. I spend: 40% – books; 10% – food; 20% – cigarettes; 5% – appearance; rest on women.
70. I make brilliant coffee.
71. I am a poor cook, although I love cooking. (I am prohibited from going
into the kitchen at home.)
72. I turn on with good smell. (Bacardi, food or femme fatale!)
73. I wish I could change the education pattern of my country.
74. I think, if I fight against ‘Lalu Prasad Yadav’ in Bihar, I would out-vote him.
75. I love my father.
76. Life is wonderful when I read Coelho; bike in rain; write affecting poetry;
or listen to toughing music; or simply watch her wondering and smiling.
77. I think Jagjit Singh ji sings excellent Gazals.
78. I wonder when people listen to me, what they find there in my words. However, I love it this way.
79. I am not religious, though I appreciate spiritual existence of men and the universe.
80. I have never been robbed.
81. I make resolutions every year only to refine them in the next year.
82. I have never been excited by a single thing for long. Things change, perceptions change. Change is life, stasis is death.
83. I am confused at few things: in the morning, I hate going to office; and in night I hate coming back. (Newton’s first law!)
84. Kulsum mam says I write lovely, poignant poetries.
85. I am moved by panache, and attitudinal statements of street hoardings. (They picture some of the most beautiful beauties of earth.)
86. I think: spectacles are much cooler than contact-lenses. (They give you an intellectual aura.)
87. I love comedies.
88. I am open to all ideas .
89. Offer me dinner at some posh restaurant, and I would do your project. (hihi..)
90. I am marginalia-maniac. I fill up my books with scribbles and squiggles.
91. I hate mosquitoes and red-ants.
92. I love SMSing, especially my inconsequential wreaking Urdu shers to everyone in my phone-book.
93. My vision of life is a romanticized version of ‘The Fountainhead’.
94. I don’t use deodorants.
95. I hate discipline – I loathe being caged.
96. I am romantic, passionate, childlike, chivalric and often flirtatious.
97. I wonder why ‘DoorDarshan’ chops off violent and seducing scenes from movies at prime time while broadcasting Condom and safe-sex advertisements ad-nauseam.
98. My role model is ‘Ellsworth
Monkton Toohey’. (The Brain is mightier than the brawn!)
99. I believe that Cinema is a wonderful channel of mass awareness – For instance, watch ‘Hazaron Khwahishe Aisi’ or ‘Matrubhumi’ – or of mass arousal – watch ‘Brave Heart’ or ‘Black Friday’.
100. I think words are much more significant than being mere flora and fauna of expression.
101. I love chronicling weird ideas, especially the dreams of bleak ends.
102. I am quite perseverant at times. (See, I completed the list.)
103. I am a software engineer. (Damn! Forget it man!)